The aim is to provide students with a greater understanding of the opportunities that are available at the end of Year 11 and the Sixth Form. This is achieved by supporting students to become more self-aware and to develop their action planning skills, so they can make informed choices and be on a good career path. Through career exploration students learn about the opportunities that exist and plan to realise their ambitions.
Our objectives are achieved by:
- Visits from speakers.
- • Delivering careers lessons based upon the Career Development Instutite’s curriculum framework.
- Arranging work experience.
- Having a careers fair where students have the opportunity to meet local and national employers and universities.
- Liaising with the Complete-Careers who employ and provide our independent careers advisors.
- Encouraging students to use the careers library and recommended websites to find the latest information on training, employment, apprenticeships, Further Education and Higher Education.
"We are a growth mindset school, where effort transforms ability into achievement."